W A R N I N G !


W A R N I N G !

This page is full of non-facts and bullsh!t, (just like the internet and especially forums and other blogs), please do not believe entirely without exercising your intellect. Any resemblance to real things in reality is purely coincidental. You are free to interpret/misinterpret the content however you like, most likely for entertainment, but in no case is the text written on this blog the absolute truth. The blog owner and Blogger are not responsible for any misunderstanding of ASCII characters as facts. *cough* As I was saying, you are free to interpret however you like. *cough*

Friday, January 28, 2011

[Anime] "Best of the season/year"

I've went through a few of the previous season(ending in Dec 2010)'s offerings.

Some of them were commented to be "best (genre) of the season/year".

But frankly, I am not amused.


Because so far, there was nothing spectacular. In fact quite a number of them fall into the "only watch when you've watched everything else and are still bored" category. Comedies with low-level humor, love stories with no feelings. There were some that were average, but shouldn't get the title of "best".

But, if you compare them against the pile-o'-junk created in that season, well, that puts things in perspective.

I was wondering about the lack of high ratings and attributed it to uncertain AniDB rating system, now I know the real reason.

The problem is some of the reviewers. I also find myself a possible victim of this - habituation. Being exposed to bad shows after bad shows, eventually one finds even the mediocre good.

It also hurts my radar that detects the quality of the show. Ironic that I have to expose myself to crap and possibly degrade my radar in order to prove its accuracy, but so far it has still been accurate - things that I thought would suck still suck.

No comments: